The Himalayan Masters

I am currently reading a book named "The Himalayan Masters" by Swami Rama. The book is all about yogis who stay in the secret caves of Himalayan mountains in search of spiritual enlightment. It is believed that these masters are there for more than 5000 years in the himalayas. Initially they acquired the knowledge through Vedas and then upanishads. Eventhough as a common man, I am not able to understand very "complex" sanskrit in which these vedas have written, this book has made serious attempts to convey the messages of the masters in a simple way. When I am reading this book I am able to easliy co-relate the messages with our normal "materialistic" world. But when I think about these masters I just don't have any words to explain their knowledge which they had thousands of years ago. These are some things which are very unique to India which one can understand more when make serious attempts to understand it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW : Games Indians Play (Guest post by Sai Madhav)

My first post

Mohammed Yusuf - Noble price speech